Automated Guided Vehicle Parking System
The Fully Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) Parking System consists of free-roaming, battery-operated, omni-directional robots using traffic management software, markers, vision systems and lasers for self-guidance to manage the automated storage and retrieval of vehicles.
The AGV Parking System is designed to be installed in an enclosed parking vault. In addition to the parking superstructure and storage area, the AGV system includes 6 main components:
- Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV): Battery-operated robotic device.
- Loading Zone: Entry/exit area where users leave/retrieve vehicle.
- Vertical Reciprocating Conveyor (VRC): Car lift to transport vehicle between floors/levels.
- Control System: Manages automated storage and retrieval of vehicle.
- Vehicle Storage Tray: Platform vehicles park on. Handled by AGV to transfer vehicle to/from storage vault.
- Tray Accumulator: Stacks Trays to maximise storage.
System can be installed in multiple regular and irregular configurations on multiple levels above, on and below grade to maximise parking efficiencies. Basic system design and components are determined by peak demand throughput requirements of the parking system.